In addition to my design blog swissmiss, I also run four “side-projects gone businesses”; a collaborative co-working space called Studiomates, a global, monthly lecture series called CreativeMornings, TeuxDeux the simple to-do app and Tattly, a design-y temporary tattoo shop. Due to the number of businesses I run, I have lost track of how many emails I receive daily and try to keep up. I have weekly team meetings to keep everyone on track. I read a lot.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+2.6% (slower than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Graphic Designers Do
Design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
Other Job Titles Graphic Designers May Have
Artist, Designer, Graphic Artist, Graphic Designer
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
I spend most of my time building online tools for artists to share and monetize their work.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.