Michael's Open Road
Milquetoast Existence (0:14)
The World Will Conspire (0:28)
Go With What You Believe In (0:28)
Distinctive Individuals (0:31)
Challenge Yourself (0:22)
The Future of Design (1:55)
Why Design Is Intriguing (1:01)
Jager Dipaola Kemp
Risk Support & Encouragement Beliefs & Faith Confidence Success Character Conflict Dedication Determination Experience Family Fear Fulfillment Goals Honesty Individualism Instincts Passion Struggle Education
- Realized early on that he wasn't good at math, so he decided to focus on the arts.
- Largely inspired by the punk movement; his first date with his future wife was a The Clash concert.
- His father worked in a factory and his mom was a beautician, so he says they didn't really "get" his choosing not to have a set career path.
- Started Jager Di Paola Kemp design firm with his wife and another partner; got their big break designing campaigns for Burton Snowboards.
- Says his collaboration with Burton is a "once in a lifetime deal"; still stunned he gets to work with a company that "invented a culture."
- Believes that once you decide what you want to do, you have to proudly wear your work on your sleeve.
- Once you show confidence and belief in what you're doing, others will start to rally around you.
- Says that if you talk to any successful person, they have self-confidence and a unique point of view, not just a "milquetoast existence."