I apply data science and data driven intelligent products and services to market in video games, enterprise and eLearning. In addition to creating leading game-based eLearning platforms and games, I do a lot of consulting for data-driven growth stage technology companies and highly innovative eLearning initiatives.
Video Game Designers
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+8% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Video Game Designers Do
Design core features of video games. Specify innovative game and role-play mechanics, story lines, and character biographies. Create and maintain design documentation. Guide and collaborate with production staff to produce games as designed.
Other Job Titles Video Game Designers May Have
Design Director, Designer, Game Designer, Level Designer, World Designer
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Currently, I've been working with a team to create a groundbreaking VR games for PS4 and PC using the Unreal Engine. I utilize a variety of programming languages on a daily basis to help me create the product vision including Unreal, Unity, C/C++, C#, Python, Linux/AWS. With game design, it also involves identifying the bugs in the code and resolving those so that they are compatible with different platforms.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Balance and adjust gameplay experiences to ensure the critical and commercial success of the product.
- Provide feedback to designers and other colleagues regarding game design features.
- Create core game features, including storylines, role-play mechanics, and character biographies for a new video game or game franchise.
- Devise missions, challenges, or puzzles to be encountered in game play.
- Guide design discussions between development teams.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.