I work to build technologies that keep malware off of your network, computer, or phone. At Fastly, I oversee our expanding security offerings through its global edge infrastructure platform. I spend a lot of time working with different teams to build security applications that will keep our users data safe.
Project Management Specialists
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+5.9% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Project Management Specialists Do
Analyze and coordinate the schedule, timeline, procurement, staffing, and budget of a product or service on a per project basis. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. May serve as a point of contact for the client or customer.
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
I am in charge of process engineering incident management across divisions. I also deal with vendor management, relationship management, executive communications, and other responsibilities. Previously led Software Security Response Process and compliance efforts to mitigate security risks on Microsoft Corporate Network.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Assign duties or responsibilities to project personnel.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to determine project requirements and objectives.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Create project status presentations for delivery to customers or project personnel.
- Develop or update project plans including information such as objectives, technologies, schedules, funding, and staffing.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.