First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+5.9% (as fast as the average)
Most Common Level of Education
High school diploma or equivalent
What First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
Other Job Titles First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers May Have
Cafeteria Manager, Dietary Supervisor, Food Production Supervisor, Food Service Director, Food Service Manager, Food Service Supervisor, Food and Nutrition Services Supervisor, Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Supervisor
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Perform various financial activities, such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Present bills and accept payments.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.