I get up and go to work with the best people in the country and I take care of some of the most deserving and brave people in the country.
Orthopedic Surgeons, Except Pediatric
Hourly Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Orthopedic Surgeons, Except Pediatric Do
Diagnose and perform surgery to treat and prevent rheumatic and other diseases in the musculoskeletal system.
Other Job Titles Orthopedic Surgeons, Except Pediatric May Have
General Surgeon, Hand Surgeon, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, Physician, Surgeon
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Analyze patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation's necessity and to determine best procedure.
- Conduct research to develop and test surgical techniques that can improve operating procedures and outcomes related to musculoskeletal injuries and diseases.
- Diagnose bodily disorders and orthopedic conditions and provide treatments, such as medicines and surgeries, in clinics, hospital wards, or operating rooms.
- Diagnose or treat disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, residents, and other medical staff.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.