I work to create a positive educational climate for students to learn in while meeting course and school-wide student performance goals. I create lesson plans, grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+3.6% (slower than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Do
Teach one or more subjects to students at the middle, intermediate, or junior high school level.
Other Job Titles Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education May Have
English Teacher, Language Arts Teacher, Mathematics Teacher (Math Teacher), Middle School Teacher, Music Teacher, Physical Education Teacher (PE Teacher), Reading Teacher, Science Teacher, Social Studies Teacher, Teacher
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
I am constantly teaching children about the foundations of our country's government. I am aso providing students with the tools they need to be the most successful in their educational careers, such as responsibility, organization, and accountability.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate these objectives to students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.