Financial Quantitative Analysts
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+5.8% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Financial Quantitative Analysts Do
Develop quantitative techniques to inform securities investing, equities investing, pricing, or valuation of financial instruments. Develop mathematical or statistical models for risk management, asset optimization, pricing, or relative value analysis.
Other Job Titles Financial Quantitative Analysts May Have
Investment Strategist, Portfolio Manager, Quantitative Analyst, Quantitative Strategy Analyst
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Develop core analytical capabilities or model libraries, using advanced statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques.
- Provide application or analytical support to researchers or traders on issues such as valuations or data.
- Research or develop analytical tools to address issues such as portfolio construction or optimization, performance measurement, attribution, profit and loss measurement, or pricing models.
- Maintain or modify all financial analytic models in use.
- Apply mathematical or statistical techniques to address practical issues in finance, such as derivative valuation, securities trading, risk management, or financial market regulation.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.