Chris' Open Road
Audit & Assurance Analytics Specialist Master
Deloitte & Touche LLP*
From the problem-solving aspect of building analytics and writing code, it’s really helpful to be among people who have intellectual curiosity and the thirst to be better at it.
- Chris learned to code at a STEM-focused high school and credits this experience with helping him gain valuable transferable skills.
- In high school, he was obsessed with where he would go to college, but in hindsight, he wished that he had focused more on what he was going to do once he got to college.
- Chris was advised by his high school guidance counselor to follow his interest in human behavior and his desire to live in a big city.
- He decided to attend New York University (NYU), where he ultimately double majored in psychology and business.
- Chris says he spent most of his time in college trying different things because he didn’t have a set idea about what he wanted to do.
- Right out of college, he landed a job in marketing analytics and discovered he enjoyed the collaborative and problem-solving aspects of his new role.
- He joined Deloitte & Touche, LLP, where he works with financial statement auditors to help automate some audit processes and identify valuable audit insights.
- Chris says that he has always been shy and sometimes struggled to engage with people. He feels that analytics is a great field for him because it provides a great balance of team and technical work.