Jonetta's Open Road
My Career Path (1:50)
Challenges Of Being A Woman And A Person Of Color (1:03)
Be Flexible And Open To Opportunities (0:38)
Finding Your Passion (0:54)
Take Time To Hear People's Stories (0:43)
Deloitte Tax LLP*
If you find yourself in a place where you know everything that is going to happen that day and there are no more surprises, then that’s your opportunity to explore something new.
- Jonetta attended Eastern Michigan University where she was initially an economics major, but later switched to accounting information systems.
- She graduated with her degree in accounting information systems and liked how the program merged her interests in accounting and computer science.
- Her first job out of college was as a tax consultant working mainly on sales and use tax compliance, but she missed the technology aspect.
- Jonetta then joined Deloitte Tax LLP to work in the tax technology group to develop sales and use tax technology.
- She got involved working in direct and income tax systems, which is where she was first introduced to analytics.
- Jonetta had the opportunity to help build out a new analytics team at Deloitte Tax LLP, where she began working as a project manager implementing initiatives at the organization.
- She now serves as the project manager for the Tax Analytics Insights practice that she helped build out.
- Her favorite part of her job is how much it is constantly changing, which allows her to learn something new every day.