Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
What Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders Do
Set up, operate, or tend machines to crush, grind, or polish materials, such as coal, glass, grain, stone, food, or rubber.
Other Job Titles Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders May Have
Crusher Operator, Grinder Operator, Machine Operator, Mill Operator
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Observe operation of equipment to ensure continuity of flow, safety, and efficient operation, and to detect malfunctions.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products, visually or with hands, to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment that crushes, grinds, polishes, or blends materials.
- Clean, adjust, and maintain equipment, using hand tools.
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products at specified intervals to ensure conformance to requirements.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.