Loan Interviewers and Clerks
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
-0.7% (little or no change)
What Loan Interviewers and Clerks Do
Interview loan applicants to elicit information; investigate applicants' backgrounds and verify references; prepare loan request papers; and forward findings, reports, and documents to appraisal department. Review loan papers to ensure completeness, and complete transactions between loan establishment, borrowers, and sellers upon approval of loan.
Other Job Titles Loan Interviewers and Clerks May Have
Licensed Loan Officer Assistant, Loan Analyst, Loan Processor, Mortgage Loan Processor
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- Submit loan applications with recommendation for underwriting approval.
- Contact customers by mail, telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of applications.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.