On Sundays I now teach in the Three's and Four's class previously I had tought in the Kindergarten class for over a year. I start by welcoming children as they come in and letting them and their parents feel safe. Then I play with the children and run through the curriculum while the parents are in service. On Wednesday's I care for the children of our volunteers at the church, I make sure the kids have something fun to do in a safe environment for the night.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+6.5% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Childcare Workers Do
Attend to children at schools, businesses, private households, and childcare institutions. Perform a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play.
Other Job Titles Childcare Workers May Have
Child Care Worker, Childcare Provider, Infant Teacher, Toddler Teacher
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Care for children in institutional setting, such as group homes, nursery schools, private businesses, or schools for the handicapped.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.