I post instructional videos online and teach classes to help people learn the art of poi spinning. I also work to develop new props and spinning mechanisms, which I then demo at festivals and events.
Hourly Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+2.3% (slower than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Dancers Do
Perform dances. May perform on stage, for broadcasting, or for video recording.
Other Job Titles Dancers May Have
Ballerina, Ballet Company Member, Ballet Dancer, Ballet Soloist, Belly Dancer, Company Dancer, Dancer, Latin Dancer, Performing Artist, Soloist Dancer
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
My brand of education focuses on "rites of passage," giving youths significant experiences that help them mindfully transition into adulthood. I work to help students and young people know themselves more fully.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Study and practice dance moves required in roles.
- Harmonize body movements to rhythm of musical accompaniment.
- Train, exercise, and attend dance classes to maintain high levels of technical proficiency, physical ability, and physical fitness.
- Coordinate dancing with that of partners or dance ensembles.
- Develop self-understanding of physical capabilities and limitations, and choose dance styles accordingly.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.