Review marketing data and expenditures. Approve department expenses. Respond accordingly to email and phone calls. Visit with our team to address immediate and semi-immediate needs and responses. Various other meetings and conferences.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+14.1% (faster than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Economists Do
Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to address economic problems related to the production and distribution of goods and services or monetary and fiscal policy. May collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods.
Other Job Titles Economists May Have
Economic Analyst, Economic Consultant, Economic Development Specialist, Economist, Forensic Economist, Project Economist, Research Analyst, Research Associate, Revenue Research Analyst, Tax Economist
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Study economic and statistical data in area of specialization, such as finance, labor, or agriculture.
- Conduct research on economic issues and disseminate research findings through technical reports or scientific articles in journals.
- Compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Supervise research projects and students' study projects.
- Teach theories, principles, and methods of economics.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.