Environmental Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+4% (slower than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Environmental Engineering Technologists and Technicians Do
Apply theory and principles of environmental engineering to modify, test, and operate equipment and devices used in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental problems, including waste treatment and site remediation, under the direction of engineering staff or scientists. May assist in the development of environmental remediation devices.
Other Job Titles Environmental Engineering Technologists and Technicians May Have
Air Quality Instrument Specialist, Environmental Field Technician, Environmental Technician, Haz Tech (Hazardous Technician)
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Maintain project logbook records or computer program files.
- Record laboratory or field data, including numerical data, test results, photographs, or summaries of visual observations.
- Perform environmental quality work in field or office settings.
- Produce environmental assessment reports, tabulating data and preparing charts, graphs, or sketches.
- Collect and analyze pollution samples, such as air or ground water.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.