Byron's Open Road
Process Integration Engineer
If you're not challenged, you're not growing.
- As a kid, had a strong curiosity for math, science technology.
- Was obsessed with Star Wars, bought a telescope, got interested in space, space travel.
- Went to MIT undergrad; "it was a challenge, to say the least," and he doubted he was good enough.
- Says, "get people around you that are going to help you be successful; make sure you have a support system so you can fall back on them."
- Encourages students to "take what the professor gives you and distill it into something you understand," rewrite your notes in a language you understand.
- When confronted with distractions living in the Bay Area ("a happenin' place"), just kept his focus on getting his Stanford degree.
- Now works at Texas Instruments developing semiconductor materials that enable touchscreen capabilities in computers and phones.