Wind Energy Engineers
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
0% (little or no change)
What Wind Energy Engineers Do
Design underground or overhead wind farm collector systems and prepare and develop site specifications.
Other Job Titles Wind Energy Engineers May Have
Engineer, Project Engineer, Utility Engineer, Wind Energy Consultant
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Create or maintain wind farm layouts, schematics, or other visual documentation for wind farms.
- Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
- Create models to optimize the layout of wind farm access roads, crane pads, crane paths, collection systems, substations, switchyards, or transmission lines.
- Provide engineering technical support to designers of prototype wind turbines.
- Investigate experimental wind turbines or wind turbine technologies for properties such as aerodynamics, production, noise, and load.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.