Rosa's Open Road
I Love Space (0:29)
Never Stop Learning (1:31)
Favorite Part of the Job (0:54)
Day In The Life Of A Mechanical Test Operations Engineer (1:17)
Mechanical Test Operations Engineer
NASA, Stennis Space Center
There will always be doubts, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop. Don’t stop; keep fighting for it.
- She is from Corpus Christi, TX. Her family emigrated to the U.S. from Mexico before she was born.
- When they would go back to visit relatives in Mexico, they would drive through country roads at night and she was always fascinated by the amount of stars she could see.
- In school, she always liked her math and science classes; she combined them with her love of space and decided to pursue aerospace engineering.
- She got into MIT before she was 18, but in her family, cultural norms dictated that she shouldn’t leave the house until she was an adult.
- She realized she had to do what was best for her future, so she followed her dream and left for MIT anyways.
- While at MIT, she studied aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical engineering, with a concentration in theater arts.
- After college, she was offered a position at NASA; says that knowing she’s contributing to the progress of space exploration makes her job a dream come true.
- In 2005, she was named one of the “Top 10 Women of the Year” by Latina magazine.