The best days at work are either at the beginning of a project or toward the end of a project. At the beginning, there are days where we hold visioning sessions to envision the future of a project, when clients talk about their needs and start to picture how they are going to work in or inhabit their future space. At the end, there are days when construction is almost complete and we walk the spaces with the client to show them the results of our collective efforts.
Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+0.8% (little or no change)
Most Common Level of Education
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Architects, Except Landscape and Naval Do
Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
Other Job Titles Architects, Except Landscape and Naval May Have
Architect, Design Architect, Planner, Project Architect, Specifications Writer
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
I work closely with my team to complete projects and fulfill clients' needs and solve their problems.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Develop final construction plans that include aesthetic representations of the structure or details for its construction.
- Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs, using computer-aided design or other tools.
- Consult with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Meet with clients to review or discuss architectural drawings.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.