On a typical day, I see what everyone in the college wants me to put on the website/social media, which is usually on a board. I also go to meetings and teach at Santa Ana College.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+10.1% (faster than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Web Administrators Do
Manage web environment design, deployment, development and maintenance activities. Perform testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications.
Other Job Titles Web Administrators May Have
Corporate Webmaster, Web Site Manager, Web Technologies Administrator, Webmaster
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Identify or document backup or recovery plans.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Identify, standardize, and communicate levels of access and security.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.