Eric's Open Road
Co-Founder & CTO
Two Bit Circus
Struggle to find your niche for as long as possible.
- He finished college in the middle of the web crash, so rather than entering the workforce, he "hid out in graduate school."
- Became a touring circus performer on the side while he was finishing his engineering degree.
- Worked as a fire dancer, a clown, an aerialist, and an acrobat.
- Says that conversation ("I'm joining the circus") did not go over well with his parents, who had more "traditional" jobs.
- After graduation, he took a series of "boring" engineering and computer programming jobs.
- Reached a crossroads where he felt he had to choose between being a performer and continuing with these dull jobs.
- Says when he started making interactive art with his co-founder, Brent Bushnell, he "fell in love with engineering again."
- Their company's goal is to show kids how engineering can be exciting and interactive.