Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+8.5% (as fast as the average)
What Patient Representatives Do
Assist patients in obtaining services, understanding policies and making health care decisions.
Other Job Titles Patient Representatives May Have
Access Representative, Admissions Coordinator, Case Manager, Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC), Patient Access Coordinator, Patient Access Specialist, Patient Advocate, Patient Navigator, Patient Resource Worker, Patient Service Representative
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
- Interview patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Refer patients to appropriate health care services or resources.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients.
- Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.