Emergency Medicine Physicians
Hourly Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+4.3% (slower than the average)
What Emergency Medicine Physicians Do
Make immediate medical decisions and act to prevent death or further disability. Provide immediate recognition, evaluation, care, stabilization, and disposition of patients. May direct emergency medical staff in an emergency department.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Analyze records, examination information, or test results to diagnose medical conditions.
- Assess patients' pain levels or sedation requirements.
- Collect and record patient information, such as medical history or examination results, in electronic or handwritten medical records.
- Communicate likely outcomes of medical diseases or traumatic conditions to patients or their representatives.
- Conduct primary patient assessments that include information from prior medical care.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.