I help to develop the capabilities of people to build better organizations. I teach a variety of classes, write books, give speeches, and more in service to this goal. I am intrigued by the role of entrepreneurial activity inside large corporations and have focused a lot of my research towards that.
Business Teachers, Postsecondary
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+12% (faster than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
Doctoral or professional degree
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Business Teachers, Postsecondary Do
Teach courses in business administration and management, such as accounting, finance, human resources, labor and industrial relations, marketing, and operations research. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Other Job Titles Business Teachers, Postsecondary May Have
Accounting Instructor, Accounting Professor, Associate Professor, Business Administration Professor, Business Instructor, Business Professor, Instructor, Management Professor, Marketing Professor, Professor
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Grade student work, read doctoral level papers and provide feedback. Develop relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as financial accounting, principles of marketing, and operations management.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.