Depending on the venue and where I am at in the construction process of a DAS design, I would need to find out what tasks I need to complete to finish out the design. I use a variety of internal AT&T databases to make sure I am complying to AT&T standards and protocols, along with local city compliance to finish the telecomm wireless system design. I make sure I use approved hardware and maintain a good working relationship with the landlord and ensure AT&T vendors are working safely.
Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+3.1% (slower than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians Do
Apply theory and principles of mechanical engineering to modify, develop, test, or adjust machinery and equipment under direction of engineering staff or physical scientists.
Other Job Titles Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians May Have
Engineering Lab Technician, Engineering Technical Analyst, Engineering Technologist, Laboratory Technician, Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Designer, Mechanical Technician, Process Engineering Technician, Process Technician, Research and Development Technician
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submit data to engineering personnel for approval.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems such as redesign.
- Draft detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet or wood shops.
- Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.