Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
0% (little or no change)
What Photonics Engineers Do
Design technologies specializing in light information or light energy, such as laser or fiber optics technology.
Other Job Titles Photonics Engineers May Have
Laser Engineer, Optical Design Engineer, Optical Engineer, Optical Systems Engineer
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Assist in the transition of photonic prototypes to production.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.