Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+1.3% (little or no change)
Most Common Level of Education
What Mechatronics Engineers Do
Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Other Job Titles Mechatronics Engineers May Have
Automation Engineer, Automation Specialist, Controls Engineer, Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Project Engineer
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.