Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+1.4% (little or no change)
Most Common Level of Education
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Electronics Engineers, Except Computer Do
Research, design, develop, or test electronic components and systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use employing knowledge of electronic theory and materials properties. Design electronic circuits and components for use in fields such as telecommunications, aerospace guidance and propulsion control, acoustics, or instruments and controls.
Other Job Titles Electronics Engineers, Except Computer May Have
Design Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, Evaluation Engineer, Integrated Circuit Design Engineer (IC Design Engineer), Product Engineer, Radio Frequency Engineer (RF Engineer), Research and Development Engineer (R and D Engineer), Test Engineer
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Determine project material or equipment needs.
- Prepare engineering sketches or specifications for construction, relocation, or installation of equipment, facilities, products, or systems.
- Prepare documentation containing information such as confidential descriptions or specifications of proprietary hardware or software, product development or introduction schedules, product costs, or information about product performance weaknesses.
- Evaluate project work to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy, or compatibility in the resolution of complex electronics engineering problems.
- Analyze electronics system requirements, capacity, cost, or customer needs to determine project feasibility.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.