Reviewing day activities, scheduling and attending meetings, work with other on continuous and future improvements.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+4.4% (slower than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Chemical Engineers Do
Design chemical plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products, such as gasoline, synthetic rubber, plastics, detergents, cement, paper, and pulp, by applying principles and technology of chemistry, physics, and engineering.
Other Job Titles Chemical Engineers May Have
Chemical Engineer, Development Engineer, Engineer, Engineering Scientist, Process Control Engineer, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Refinery Process Engineer, Research Chemical Engineer, Scientist
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
I work in external supply and plasma innovation. Specifically, I work in human blood plasma derived therapeutics. We take human blood plasma from donations and purify out a protein, something that someone needs if they have a rare disease. I work on the upstream/business side of things in trying to get more donors and better donations. I travel a lot.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Monitor and analyze data from processes and experiments.
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to ongoing chemical reactions.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents, using controlled chemical processes.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate chemical equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.