My work day consists of visiting branches in various locations. I review branch documents to ensure accuracy, engage in associate interactions with opening accounts, conducting customer transactions i.e deposits, withdrawals, payments etc., questioning branch associates on regulations and security procedures, and ensuring the branch is following policies and procedures.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+21% (much faster than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Financial Examiners Do
Enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify, or authenticate records.
Other Job Titles Financial Examiners May Have
Bank Examiner, Compliance Officer, Credit Union Examiner, Examining Officer
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Work to model and analyze our Rewards Liability balance, comparing our actuals against our expected outlook, and analyzing any variances or trends.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Direct and participate in formal and informal meetings with bank directors, trustees, senior management, counsels, outside accountants, and consultants to gather information and discuss findings.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
- Prepare reports, exhibits, and other supporting schedules that detail an institution's safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to questionable financial conditions.
- Resolve problems concerning the overall financial integrity of banking institutions including loan investment portfolios, capital, earnings, and specific or large troubled accounts.
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.