Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+4.4% (slower than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
What Logistics Engineers Do
Design or analyze operational solutions for projects such as transportation optimization, network modeling, process and methods analysis, cost containment, capacity enhancement, routing and shipment optimization, or information management.
Other Job Titles Logistics Engineers May Have
Acquisition Logistics Engineer, Logistics Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Supportability Engineer, Systems Engineer
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Propose logistics solutions for customers.
- Develop logistic metrics, internal analysis tools, or key performance indicators for business units.
- Conduct logistics studies or analyses, such as time studies, zero-base analyses, rate analyses, network analyses, flow-path analyses, or supply chain analyses.
- Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement logistic opportunities.
- Review contractual commitments, customer specifications, or related information to determine logistics or support requirements.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.