Environmental Compliance Inspectors
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+4.3% (slower than the average)
What Environmental Compliance Inspectors Do
Inspect and investigate sources of pollution to protect the public and environment and ensure conformance with Federal, State, and local regulations and ordinances.
Other Job Titles Environmental Compliance Inspectors May Have
Enforcement Officer, Environmental Inspector, Environmental Protection Specialist, Environmental Quality Analyst
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation, participating in enforcement hearings, as necessary.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain inspection records.
- Investigate complaints and suspected violations regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
- Determine which sites and violation reports to investigate, and coordinate compliance and enforcement activities with other government agencies.
- Interview individuals to determine the nature of suspected violations and to obtain evidence of violations.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.