I am lucky enough to have a job where I can literally roll out of bed, go straight to work (to workout), then shower and get ready for my day. I spend 2-3 hours responding to emails about anything from special fitness programs, to guest speaker requests, to correspondence with the trainers and instructors who work for me. Some days I set up for special events, or write workout and fitness programs. It's ever changing, which is why I enjoy my job so much.
Fitness and Wellness Coordinators
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
-1.8% (little or no change)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Fitness and Wellness Coordinators Do
Manage or coordinate fitness and wellness programs and services. Manage and train staff of wellness specialists, health educators, or fitness instructors.
Other Job Titles Fitness and Wellness Coordinators May Have
Executive Wellness Programs Director, Fitness Coordinator, Fitness Director, Fitness Supervisor, Fitness and Wellness Director, Group Fitness Manager (GFM), Wellness Director, Wellness Officer
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Every day is different. I talk with people about what they need to work on, whether that's physical, mental, emotional. If it's coaching, I'm focusing on the whole person, diet and exercise are the last thing on my plan with someone. Every wellness coach and yoga instructor has a different approach. Find what your niche is and go for it!
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Supervise fitness or wellness specialists, such as fitness instructors, nutritionists, or health educators.
- Conduct needs assessments or surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.