Students will see how job tasks don't always work out as planned and some of the biggest problems are not technical in nature...How you react to a problem determines your attitude. This will effect the direction you take and impact the result. Observing how people interact and solve problems in a work place can be a great value for a student.
Natural Sciences Managers
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+5.9% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Natural Sciences Managers Do
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
Other Job Titles Natural Sciences Managers May Have
Chemical Process Exploration Manager, Environmental Program Manager, Natural Sciences Manager, Research and Development Director (R and D Director)
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Sanctuary Superintendent ,
NOAA Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
Working out on the water with marine mammals scientists. Learning and sharing research and new information about humpback whales.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
- Design or coordinate successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, or testing.
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Review project activities and prepare and review research, testing, or operational reports.
- Confer with scientists, engineers, regulators, or others to plan or review projects or to provide technical assistance.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.