Christopher's Open Road
Musician / Actor
Freestyle Love Supreme
The difference between fear and excitement is just a very, very small idea.
- When he was a kid, he was very emotional, and often found himself frustrated because he didn't know how to express his feelings.
- One day, a teacher gave him The Crucible, which was the first play he ever read.
- He realized that the arts gave him the freedom to finally accurately express himself.
- Followed his dreams to New York City, the most expensive city in the country.
- Remembers only having a can of beans to eat for dinner and having to call his mom for $20 dollar wire transfers.
- When he met the guys from Back House Productions, it was his first experience with a theater company.
- Saw his future collaborator Anthony Veneziale running an "all hands on deck" troupe, and he loved their energy, wanted to be in the room with them.
- He was cast in the production company's In the Heights, a hip-hop/rap musical that won multiple Tony Awards and a Grammy.