Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+1.8% (little or no change)
What Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation Do
Inspect and monitor transportation equipment, vehicles, or systems to ensure compliance with regulations and safety standards.
Other Job Titles Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation May Have
Carman, Inspector, Smog Technician, Transit Vehicle Inspector
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Inspect vehicles or other equipment for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
- Inspect vehicles or equipment to ensure compliance with rules, standards, or regulations.
- Inspect repairs to transportation vehicles or equipment to ensure that repair work was performed properly.
- Identify modifications to engines, fuel systems, emissions control equipment, or other vehicle systems to determine the impact of modifications on inspection procedures or conclusions.
- Perform low-pressure fuel evaluative tests (LPFET) to test for harmful emissions from vehicles without onboard diagnostics (OBD) equipment.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.