Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+10.7% (faster than the average)
What Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians Do
Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters, dairy equipment, and irrigation systems.
Other Job Titles Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians May Have
Agricultural Technician, Farm Equipment Mechanic, Mechanic, Tractor Mechanic
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters, and irrigation systems.
- Dismantle defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
- Record details of repairs made and parts used.
- Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments, as necessary.
- Clean and lubricate parts.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.