Law Teachers, Postsecondary
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+8.9% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Law Teachers, Postsecondary Do
Teach courses in law. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Other Job Titles Law Teachers, Postsecondary May Have
Associate Professor, Instructor, Law Professor, Professor
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, papers, and oral presentations.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.