My daily life starts with calls with our colleagues in India to have a touch point on our current project status. Followed by getting ready to either make an early flight to a client meeting or the next train to the LA office. In the office, I will join numerous calls both internally and with clients throughout the day. During my downtime I will connect with local office professionals to discuss opportunities for prospective clients or work on projects for client delivery.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+3.9% (slower than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Tax Preparers Do
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
Other Job Titles Tax Preparers May Have
Enrolled Agent, Tax Advisor, Tax Consultant, Tax Preparer
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Review financial records, such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.