Stefan's Open Road
Figuring out what you have passion at and pursuing that, is a very, very worthwhile thing.
- After graduation, he went to Hong Kong to visit a friend.
- He blew through all of the sightseeing, so he decided to explore the office buildings of design firms to see what they were working on.
- One design firm misunderstood him, thought he was looking for a job, and invited him to do an interview.
- He saw how well that tactic worked, so he called every design firm in the city and started a faux job hunt.
- When he got his first real offer, he demanded a ridiculously high salary and the firm accepted; suddenly, he was living and working in Hong Kong.
- He saved all of that money so that when he moved back to New York, he didn't have to work for long before he was able to start his own firm.
- His biggest piece of advice is not to worry about the future; when he was in high school, he wasted a year worrying about his final exams.
- After he got through the tests, he realized that all of the stress and high expectations were for nothing; now tries to just live in the present.