Ross' Open Road
I could have never, ever, ever planned the stops along the way.
- Growing up, he was always working, starting with cleaning toilets at his uncle's gas station in Melbourne, Florida
- From there, he moved up to a job at Burger King.
- He worked his way through college by working at Sears.
- Realizing that he liked working in the retail sector, he majored in advertising and marketing.
- He feels like his career goals didn't really manifest themselves until his second or third post-college job.
- Says that the pressure of going from college straight into career is "a paradigm that needs to be broken."
- To keep his job as president of W Hotels in perspective, he tells himself, "it's still a store."
- Says that career pressures are almost always internal, so it's just a matter of managing those fears.