Rex's Open Road
Toys 4 Smiles Foundation
Don't look for the return in life; look for the giving.
- One day, Rex saw a TV show that went from town to town and granted their populations three wishes.
- He thought to himself, "we need something like that here in Las Vegas."
- Using scrap wood, he started crafting small toy cars to donate to local children.
- He originally recruited a few of his friends to help out with his mission, but that number has since grown to 50 volunteers.
- Local companies have begun donating their scrap wood to the cause.
- His goal is to make 500 toys a year; at the time of the interview, he'd given away 65,000 toys.
- He says that the key to his company is to let every child know that there is someone out there who cares about their happiness.
- Says "if it were all to end tomorrow," that'd be okay, because he knows he's done his part to give back.