John's Open Road
John Podesta Highlight (0:45)
Something You Love Doing (0:46)
Center for American Progress
What's important is to find something, that, at the end of the day, feels like something you really want to be doing and love doing.
- Grew up in Chicago.
- His father worked in factories his whole life and always pushed John to get a good education.
- Graduated with a law degree from Georgetown University's Law Center.
- Worked for the Department of Justice and four different Congressional offices.
- President Clinton appointed him Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff.
- Founded the Center for American Progress, a progressive public policy research and advocacy organization.
- Says the organization is a way for him to express his bond with his community.
- Stresses that you're going to have a career for a long time, so you should find something that you love doing.