Jody's Open Road
How I Got Involved In Politics (1:42)
You're Gonna Learn From Your Mistakes (2:02)
Being A Working Mom While Chasing Goals (2:10)
Diversify What You Study (1:06)
Characteristics Of A Campaign Manager (1:06)
Being A Woman In Politics (1:15)
Beto O'Rourke's 2018 Senate Campaign
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
- Grew up in Georgia in a lower middle-class family—was driven to get into a good college so she could get a well-paid job to support herself.
- Attended Georgia State University, with the help of a state scholarship, where she received her bachelor’s degree in management.
- Worked for GE in a variety of sales and marketing roles for almost 20 years.
- Admits she has never really been interested in politics, but when she moved to El Paso, TX, she felt there were changes that could be made to make it a great place to raise her family.
- She started getting actively involved by throwing fundraisers for city council members and “block walking” to raise awareness.
- Has been friends with Congressman Beto O’Rourke ever since she and her husband had supported him during his victorious congressional campaign.
- In 2017, she was approached by Congressman O’Rourke to run his campaign for the 2018 United States Senate election in Texas.
- Says she is dedicated to bringing transparency, accountability, authenticity, and kindness into politics.