On a great day, the machines run themselves, and everyone is happy. The mail gets out on time, and you have a majority of free time to further your knowledge and catch up on preventative maintenance.
Industrial Machinery Mechanics
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+15.6% (much faster than the average)
Most Common Level of Education
High school diploma or equivalent
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Industrial Machinery Mechanics Do
Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems. May also install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to plans.
Other Job Titles Industrial Machinery Mechanics May Have
Industrial Machinery Mechanic, Industrial Mechanic, Loom Fixer, Loom Technician, Machine Adjuster, Machine Mechanic, Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Overhauler, Sewing Machine Mechanic
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.