Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+3.5% (slower than the average)
What Motorcycle Mechanics Do
Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, dirt bikes, or similar motorized vehicles.
Other Job Titles Motorcycle Mechanics May Have
All Terrain Vehicle Technician (ATV Technician), Custom Bike Builder, Motorcycle Mechanic, Motorcycle Service Technician, Motorcycle Technician, Motorsports Technician, Scooter Mechanic, Service Technician
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
- Connect test panels to engines and measure generator output, ignition timing, or other engine performance indicators.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.