Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+8.3% (as fast as the average)
What Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians Do
Repair and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment of inboard or inboard-outboard boat engines.
Other Job Titles Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians May Have
Marine Mechanic, Marine Technician, Mechanic, Service Technician
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Start motors and monitor performance for signs of malfunctioning, such as smoke, excessive vibration, or misfiring.
- Document inspection and test results and work performed or to be performed.
- Mount motors to boats, and operate boats at various speeds on waterways to conduct operational tests.
- Repair engine mechanical equipment, such as power tilts, bilge pumps, or power take-offs.
- Perform routine engine maintenance on motorboats, such as changing oil and filters.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.