The store would run smooth. Store would be clean and all the preparation for the day will be completed. Sales would be high and business will succeed.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+7.6% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Baristas Do
Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
Other Job Titles Baristas May Have
Barista, Catering Barista
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
I clock in at 6:40 am, i turn all the machines on and brew the coffee. I tend to my customers and make their drinks.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Describe menu items to customers, or suggest products that might appeal to them.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.