Support the business process and any supply chain systems they use during the day.
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+27.7% (much faster than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Logistics Analysts Do
Analyze product delivery or supply chain processes to identify or recommend changes. May manage route activity including invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracing.
Other Job Titles Logistics Analysts May Have
Logistics Analyst, Logistics Management Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst, Transportation Analyst
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Maintain databases of logistics information.
- Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles or inventory, using Web-based logistics information systems to track vehicles or containers.
- Communicate with or monitor service providers, such as ocean carriers, air freight forwarders, global consolidators, customs brokers, or trucking companies.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.